Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Itchy and Scratchy



 I am on schedule to get my Aran sweater done by October but picking it up and working on it has not been fun since summer showed up. That Fisherman's Wool is not soft at all and just touching it makes all my bug bites itch. I'm sure by the time cold weather returns I will have made peace with this project but for now it is an itchy ugh. I also had a major catastrophe with the center cable panel on the front.  I had to drop it down 15 rows and redo it and now you can see that the tension is way off on the left hand side. I was pulling the slack across to tighten it but apparently not enough. I am much further now than this photo shows so dropping it down again is NOT an option any longer and I am NOT frogging and restarting it. I am just going to hope it blocks out or else I will be holding something in front of me whenever I have it on.

 I have also been cabling without a cable needle. I know I said I was too afraid to do it but Eunny Jang's demo on Knitting Daily the other day made so much sense to me that I gave it a try. It works most of the time but you have to be very careful if your yarn is at all splitty-which Fisherman's Wool is. Those back pickups can be a real headache if you don't catch the loose stitches correctly. Don't ask me how I know this.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried cabling with out the cable needle yet - too scared!

    ReplyDelete