Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pretty in Pink

The Cormo locks are finally dry enough to be played with. They are cleanest locks I have ever worked with. Whoever thought of washing them one at a time is a genius.

The resulting fiber is really yummy and for once my dye job is not so terrible.

Carding Cormo is out of the question but combing can work-sometimes. You have to be very gentle and then stop before it starts to ball up on you. The Romney on the left combs out like hair. The Cormo on the right will very quickly become a solid mass if I keep combing it to try and straighten it out.

Twisting it and flicking the ends works best.


You don't get much out of one lock....


... but what you get is perfect for spinning lace weight on a drop spindle.

 I know I am going to be kicking myself because I didn't make more of these pretty pink locks. Cormo is the softest wool I have ever felt and it would have been nice to have had a shawl's worth. It is the only wool that I can wear around my neck. As I have said before, I could wear underwear knit from this stuff.

 For now I am packing this away for hot weather spinning along with the remaining locks that still need flicking and....


this and.......


that and......

oh yeah, this. I should be ashamed.

2 comments: