Friday, May 20, 2022

Saving Face Time

 

I've had quite the technological adventure this past week. Son gifted me an iPad for Mother's Day and in the process of setting it up I locked myself out of it. I spent days trying to figure out what I did and how to fix it. It was either take it to the Apple store (which isn't happening) or buy a laptop that would run iTunes. I only have a little Chromebook and Chrome and Apple don't mix so I bought a cheap refurbished Dell laptop from Amazon and finally managed to restore the darn thing after 6 tries. The iPad kicks you out of restore after 15 minutes so you have to do it over and over again to get the full download. Jeesh. All's well that ends well though because I got to Face Time with the Big Grands which was a whole lot of fun and I can now use the Dell to print since our printers stopped listening to the Chromebook months ago. 



Speaking of Mother's Day gifts, Daughter sent me a Knit Picks gift certificate and last night when I couldn't sleep at 2 am I used it to buy the kit for these slippers and........




....the Hue Shifting Afghan. I've always admired all your miter square blankets but I just can't do the fiddly sock yarn thing. I am going to give this sport weight one a try and see if it takes. If not I'll have a whole lot of sport weight yarn to do something else with. 



5 comments:

  1. Those slippers and that blanket will be awesome. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sock kit! Mom dyed up a whole bunch of yarn to make Hue Shift when it came out. The yarn is still sitting in her closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're going to love your iPad. I use mine constantly. FaceTiming the kids is the biggest benefit but it's like having a computer in a lot smaller package. And I can see and read on it better than on my phone. These eyes aren't what they used to be!
    Love both of your purchases. I've had to stay away from the KnitPicks website. It's too tempting. And I keep getting sales emails. Yikes! That blanket is gorgeous. I need to get back to my nine patch blanket someday. It seems like something else always comes first.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh , nothing like technology to make you pull your hair out! Glad you worked it out eventually. that afghan pattern is beautiful--enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Computers sure can be annoying, can't they? I love that quilt and can also see why you caved and bought the slipper kit. It looks complicated though.

    ReplyDelete