Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Week Four

 

I've got nothing good to say about all this right now. In spite of our 2nd treatment The Mister and I are still an itchy mess. It's quite gruesome. We know it's going to be a long haul but we are both tired and discouraged at this point. We spend all day cleaning and washing completely wearing ourselves out before facing another sleepless night. 




Pup was looking better but she's now plateaued. Her second dose is next Sunday so maybe then things will start to look up again. We've tried so many homemade remedies on ourselves that I've lost count. Tea tree and neem oil, sulphur soap, bleach baths, vinegar, baking soda, honey,  Desitin, Dawn, olive oil and salt scrubs-we've even covered ourselves in mustard.  We've got more potions on the way. At this point we'll try anything to get some relief.


And.......thanks so much for all the encouraging words. The high point of my day is when I finally get to sit down and catch up with all of you who are leading normal lives in normal skin. Don't ever take it for granted.  Sigh.......

10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry this is dragging on and on...wish there were something we in the bloggy world could do to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb. I just don't know what to say. I feel so bad for you and The Mister. I had never even heard of this before but you would think with modern medicine there would be something to clear this up more easily.
    I'm sorry.
    Huge hugs and many blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you are having to go through this difficult time. Words don't seem to cover how terrible this is for you all. Hope you are on your way to some relief soon. Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry. What a miserable time for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that you are going through this!! Wish I had a magic wand to send your way to make these weeks go back faster! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don’t get discouraged, you and the Mister are strong and resilient.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I clicked on your blog, I was hoping you were thru the worst of that experience. So sorry that it has made your life so difficult. Actually, I can't even imagine what you are experiencing. I guess I expect quicker resolution with all our modern medicines and treatments. Sending hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is not quite the same thing, but when I had poison ivy, I had a horrible time with - I tried EVERYTHING, and nothing helped the itch. I finally broke down and got the dr to give me steroids. They ended up having to give me two doses to get any relief. I'm not sure steroids will work for this kind of itching... is it an immune response like poison ivy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your situation sounds so miserab1e . I m sorry you have to go through this a11. But we hope you wi11 start to improve noticeab1y fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there! Hope you are not getting reinfected from something in your environment:(

    ReplyDelete