Thursday, April 21, 2022

Week Five

 

It's hard to believe we have been living this nightmare for five weeks now. The hardest part is that Pup is feeling better and wants life to return to normal which includes hugs, snuggles and walks but that's not happening. We still don't touch her without gloves and she's still quarantined in the living room. We can't take her out because she still looks like a mangy mess. I'd call Animal Control if I saw her walking down the street.



We spend all day in gloves, still cleaning, still disinfecting. We've got quite the routine going. There will never be an excuse for having a dirty house again. 




We switched out the recycling bins for these buckets with lids for the laundry. They hold the heat in better. That's my poor newly remodeled bathroom. Like everything around here it's a disaster. We have begun to toss some of the stuff we bagged up. I'm not using those linens again. When we are over this we'll be buying new everything and I mean everything.



The Mister and I didn't do our treatment this week because I forgot to get it refilled. It will be ready today but we might just wait until we are closer to the animal's finish line. No sense poisoning ourselves on a regular basis when we weren't getting much relief anyway. Our homemade potions are keeping us pretty comfortable right now. If things change for the worst we can always treat ourselves then. Tomorrow the animals get their second round of meds and then the countdown to the finish line really begins. I'm not sure how life ever goes back to normal after something like this but I'm ready to give it a try. 








5 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie, it sounds like such a nightmare. I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this. I would probably burn it all too. I felt that way with lice when it kept the hair infested with no change in school policies.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I would be wreck. That kind of thing, head 1ice,mange, etc, just make me anxious thinking about it. I'm so happy you are in the home stretch. Crossing my fingers for you that it goes we11 and goes away forever

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sure sounds like a tough time for you! But at least you are getting toward the finish line!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normal would be quite a novelty after all this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will get through! The little buggers cannot live much longer they way you have been treating them:)

    ReplyDelete