Monday, April 25, 2011
This poor 4 ounces of Polwarth from Woolgatherings was doomed from the start. I really shouldn't even be putting their link here. I don't want them to see what I did to their lovely wool.
Every Easter I buy some dye and plan an attack on some of my giant stash of white stuff. I found some quiet time on Easter morning so I got to work.
First, I gave it a good soak. I should have stopped right here.
This year I decided to snake it out on the violets for mess free dripping.
I put it in the dye, thinking I was making a rainbow but instead I accidentily mixed up ROY and did YOR. Not good. Not good at all.
Red mixes well with violet, not well with green.
I left lots of white for the inevitable dripping and at first it was not too terrible but I knew better.
The colors that shouldn't have mingled, mingled and of course the ones that I wanted to mix didn't. This is pre-steaming so it's only going to get worse. Oh well....there is always next year.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment