Thursday, February 10, 2011

Knit Night Two



The second gathering of our newly formed yarn gang began with some dinner-lamb to be exact. I didn't eat it but it sure smelled good.



The Show and Tell session left me speechless and determined to have one of these bags for myself. I bought the materials to make one years ago. I am digging it out of my stash purgatory tomorrow.



My former spinning student has been happily spindling away since our last lesson 8 months ago. She managed, to my great surprise, to make a giant ball of gorgeous lace weight out of some BFL top I gave her last year. She spun this on a giant Ashford boat anchor. I can't believe it. I told her it's time that wool became a little shawl and sent her to look up Ysolda on Ravelry.



It was a nearly perfect night until I went out to the car and found it covered in snow. The 1 and 1/2 hour white knuckle ride home on ice covered highways was the stuff nightmares are made of. Damn weather people. They haven't got it right once this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment