Thursday, February 3, 2011

Coming Out



Most people don't know I have any indoor cats because they never get to see them in action. They hide when anyone comes over.



When we are alone Herbie is the king of the sewing table.




He loves the sewing machine especially when it is in use. Of course I am careful when he is around. I make sure no ears or tails get in harm's way. I usually stop what I am doing and just give him a serious cuddle. It took me a long time to get him to trust me so I'm not doing anything to give him a reason to head back to the closet where he spent about 3 months of his life after we trapped him and brought him inside.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. I too have a cat like Herbie. When I first brought her home from the rescue, she spent the first month or so under my bed. I finally got her to trust me enough, not to go running whenever I walked by. A few months later she fell in love with my boyfriend, and sucks up to him like you wouldn't believe. Almost four years later, she will actually sit in my lap, comes to bed every night for a bed time snuggle, and will sometimes let me pick her up for a snuggle (but only if it's a short one). But if anyone else comes in the house, she's hiding again.

    Herbie has such a sweet face!

    ReplyDelete