Friday, February 11, 2011

The Chevron Hat



My crafting life has shifted into slow motion these days. I have a wicked case of the winter blues. It is my first winter of being home all day and I have to say that is not nearly as much fun as it sounded this time last year. Yes, it is nice not to have to jump in a cold car and drive an hour in the dark to a place that stressed me to the point of collapse-but being home doing the same thing day in and day out has it's own stresses. I can't seem to claim very much of my time for myself anymore. Every living thing in my household is suddenly demanding and overwhelming. It seems my empathy chip is just too big for its own good. Sigh.
Goodness. What a pity party. Sounds like I need a spring tonic ( or a gin and tonic) and some fresh air. If I can just hold out for a few more weeks the blessed outdoors will be available to escape into once again. Until then, I am slowly working on pretty little things like my Chevron Hat to pass the time. My chain plied hand spun is turning out nicer than expected so at least when I can find the time to get there- all is well in Knitville at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment