Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oh Nuts! Part 2

The hulls soaked for a week.

I boiled the dark brown water for an hour then had to clean up the stove because I let it boil over. What a mess. Then I added a few handfuls of washed Cormo and gently simmered it an hour in the dye.

Then I added a potful of boiling water and more Cormo and simmered it all another hour.

I repeated this addition of water and wool for the good part of the morning hoping to get wool that has some color variation. I was very careful not to move the Cormo around too much. I have my fingers crossed there will be little or no felting.
The whole pot of goo has to sit overnight and tomorrow I'll dump it all out and see if I have anything worthy of spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment