Saturday, July 31, 2010

Restart Number One

This pile used to be my Phentex slippers. I realized several inches in that I was doing a 2/2 stripe when I really wanted a 3/3 stripe.

While I had everything apart, I tried the provisional cast on for gathering. FAIL.
Then I tried to cut and sew down a seam. The results were not too bad. I was cautiously encouraged.

I cast back on from the heel side this time and added a 12 stitch stockinette steek. I intend to knit merrily along until the time comes when I realize I have another major goof on my hands. You just know it's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment