Monday, April 19, 2010
Ready to Ply
My new cheap (-er $149 is not actually cheap) digital camera and I are not getting along at all. It does not want to take closeups with any quality at all. It's fine for FO mug shots but trying to capture a bobbin or two of singles is proving to be a problem no matter what lighting I use.
Having made my excuses for the poor quality photo, let me explain that this is last summer's dyeing project. I used my new drum carder to make lots of little single colored batts, tore them into 2 inch strips and then spun them all winter in order, hoping to get wide blocks of color on the socks they are about to come. We shall see. I rarely plan out anything in advance like this so I am anxious to see if I pulled this off.