Friday, June 13, 2008

Starstruck


OMG! Kelly Petkun HERSELF commented on my sock blank project on Ravelry. I confess to being a total wannabe. If she mentions ANYTHING on either her blog or podcast I have to run right out and buy it. I just received the entire collection of coffee house mysteries from Amazon that she mentioned on her blog a few weeks ago. I am still happily knitting on the pi shawl that she convinced me I had to own, if only to drape stylishly on the back of my chair like hers. I even knitted a baby kimono at her urging when I have absolutely no prospects of any grandchildren appearing in the near future. I am, however, fighting the urge to make the Moderne baby blanket. You have to draw the line somewhere. The problem I think comes from the fact that I listen to her podcasts over and over on my Nano as I drift off to sleep each night, glasses on my nose, knitting on my chest. Podcasts have replaced the nightstand book that used to send me off to dreamland and hers is by far my favorite. There is no loud rock music to startle me awake, just soothing guitars and a few quiet barks from her little dog that signals the end of each terribly inspirational program. For 30 minutes I am transported to her fiber wonderland that I never want to leave. God help me if she starts selling roving.

No comments:

Post a Comment