Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Untangled


After I got over my hissy fit about not having the yarn I needed to start a new sweater I remembered I had this to work on. Being heavy wool, Lofoten usually only gets worked on in the cold months but you gotta do what you gotta do so out it came.




There was just one hitch. I was on my last ball of Bramble Heather. What I did have in reserve was this tangled mess tucked away from a few year's back.




This guy had gotten the sweater and drug it out of my project bag and wrapped the yarn around the whole house one night. I was not happy. I had to snip it off because knitting with yarn covered in cat spit was not my idea of a good time. I didn't toss it. I put away in case I needed it and I guess I need it.



It got washed and dried and then I had to untangle it all which is not a job I dislike. It took only about a half hour.



Now I have this much Bramble Heather to finish the pretty yoke and I hope it's enough. Lofoten really eats up the yarn. I am thinking it might be huge on me but with all the Pandemic pounds I've been packing on who knows? It seems all I really do all day is cook stuff, think about cooking stuff or order stuff to cook.
Anyone else stuck in that rut?

10 comments:

  1. This seems to be the week for untangling yarn for my blogging friends. I don't have a lot of patience for it but Dennis doesn't mind so he usually volunteers for the task. I hope you have enough yarn. That would be the pits if after all this you ran out. I have faith that it will all turn out fine.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely cooking more simply becausxe I'm home more, but I've actually managed to lose a bit of weight! That is one gorgeous sweater! Glad you could get the yarn untangled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snacking has become a major problem at my house. I hope you don’t have to play yarn chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprisingly losing weight (not a tonne, but there's downward motion, which I'm loving). The only thing that can account for it is that Dave won't let me order ANY takeout. At first I was baking a lot, but that's eased off (I do need to make a banana bread today, before my bananas turn to goo on the counter).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweater is going to be beautiful!!! Hope you do not run out of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son (who is thin as a rail) was saying yesterday that he had gained weight during all of this. I hadn't even though about that consequence and am not going to be weighing myself anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey groceries ordering and picking them up is a big deal! We look forward to it every week. Not so much to the cooking part...
    Yeah for a new/old project! Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sweater! Good job untangling it, and I hope you now have enough to finish it. Yarn Chicken is NOT fun! Someone told me that the 19 in Covid is the number of pounds you will gain during the pandemic. LOL But I sure hope that's not true as I've been doing lots of cooking/baking, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you reclaimed the yarn!!! I am working to shed a few pounds--I had to gain back the 5lbs I lost when in the ICU and of course, added a few more than that back! So easy to gain and a misery to lose....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely stuck in the rut but I think about yarn and knitting, not cooking. I do think about eating occasionally though. Hope you have enough yarn to finish. Lofoten will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete