Thursday, July 9, 2020

Dog Days


In spite of the terrible heat Mosi's sleeve is this big now. A lap full of wool is not much fun in the summer but I am determined to wear this in the fall when all the nasty tourists go home and I get my boardwalk back again. Even though the beach is still closed and the water park is just opened a few hours for us townies, they still come. 



Pimpeliesse is now heading into some color. It's about to get interesting. 




I'm still having fun with my little reel. The kinky texture isn't very pretty as it knits up to be honest but pulling it off the reel as you knit is still pretty cool.



I went ahead and bought two more of the reels in different colorways to tuck away for a rainy day. They aren't the kind of thing you want to do all the time but they do make a nice change when the mojo is fading-like when you are on your 12th straight day of 90 plus degree weather. Ugh.  

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Mosi is coming right along. It will be SO beautiful and I can imagine you wearing it while walking along the bay.
    Those reels are sure different. I've never seen anything like them until you showed us. I have the yarn all wound into a ball for a Pimpeliesse but I won't let myself start it until I finish Dennis' socks and a couple of pairs of mittens. I haven't had a whole lot of knitting time recently but I expect that will change in the fall.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mosi is gorgeous! It really is hard to do anything in this oppressive weather. It is so humid and hot. Even when we get some storms, it still remains muggy. Love all your colorful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t imagine knitting on a sweater in the heat/humidity of summer, but I’m happy your perseverance is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the same boat weather-wise and its starting to get to me.
    Mosi is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This heat is really quite oppressive and I've been knitting nothing but cotton dishcloths and Mason jar cozies. I have two shawls going but just can't think about them getting larger and spreading over my lap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get those fun reels? I think I should reward myself with one!!! Its hot and wonderful here. Im headed out to water, cause I don't believe we will get the storms they say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That knitting looks so cool from the reel! Nice perk to your knitting. The sleeve is a work of art-you are close to the finish now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had storms and are now a bit cooler! I hear you on the muggy hot days...you have some great projects happening there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you are having a lot of knitting fun. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mosi is so beautiful! You will love wearing it this fall and it will be worth sweating over this summer. Hopefully the magic of blocking will take care of the reel's kink.

    ReplyDelete