Friday, July 24, 2020

Making Mountains


So I've been knitting along on the yoke of Lofoten and I've come to a section of the pattern I just didn't understand. I thought it was ugly blotches. I thought it was maybe a mistake. I almost rewrote it so it looked better.


Then it dawned on me yesterday. They are mountains. I've been working on this since 2017 and you'd think I'd have figured that out by now since they are also on the sleeves that I finished last year.



Here's the photo on the pattern where you can clearly see that it's a mountain range which Lofoten in Norway actually is. Now that my eyes can see it, it's pretty cool. 

9 comments:

  1. I love the mountains! I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! I can understand how they would look like blotches or even be missed when looking at the photo of the pattern - it's like an Easter egg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Somethings remain a mystery until you see them and then you cannot not see them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we have to be hit right between the eyes to see sometihng!!! Glad you figured it out before you ripped back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are mountains! I love that you figured it all out. It looks great by the way. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really are mountains! Lofoten mountains! How cool is that? Glad you figured it out and didn't rip or re-write the design.

    ReplyDelete