Monday, July 13, 2020

Much Ado About Nothing


Ever get up first thing on a Sunday morning and go stash diving? I did.



Not only did I go through all my bags of orphan Palette, I also went digging through all my stash kits that contain Palette.



This is why. I knew I was going to wake up and miss working on Mosi in the morning so late, very late Saturday night I went looking for a replacement. I found Festive Doodle by Caitlin Hunter a pattern she released in April to help us knit our way through the pandemic. Perfect, right?



I wanted to use her original colors but when I went on Knit Picks at 2 am I discovered in horror that almost all of their Palette is back ordered until late August. Boooo.....



So I went stash diving to see what I could come up. I was close. I have the white, the red and the green but that middle oatmeal color was a no go. The Camel Heather I have is too dark to play nicely with the Verdant Heather green. After swatching I was in a total fit of pique over it. I wanted to knit and I wanted to knit it now, gosh darn it.



It didn't help that I spent hours on Sunday afternoon trying to figure out how to get my printer to print the pattern through the Cloud using my Chromebook. Our little Dell desktop that was hooked to the printer died on me after I installed some upgrades last week. I was not happy. I did get the pattern printed but it did me no good. I was so irritated by everything that all I could manage for the rest of the day was to stomp around and work on my puzzle. I know, first world problems. Just call me Karen.


10 comments:

  1. I have been known to go stash diving every day of the week! That's a beautiful sweater and I know you'll do an amazing job on it, you're one of the best knitters I know.
    Take care.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AMAZING pattern - you will have fun with that one, I know. And, you will do a beautiful job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty - I can see why you'd want to stick close to the ordinal colours. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sweater! Hope you can get started knitting soon. I have a ton of various browns, but probably only one or two skeins of any particular color. If 1 or 2 skeins will get you going, let me know what color you need and I'll check my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been doing a lot of stash diving, too, but there's still a big supply, not to mention all the WIPs. Love that project-to-be of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish you had just what you needed.

    IS the puzzle bobbers or fishing stuff or bouys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what those things are but I should. My mom collected them. She had them hanging all over her yard.

      Delete
  7. Great pattern! I think it is a good selection of colors but see the problem with the tan/green.
    I can't believe there is a back-order of Palette! It shows you how many fingers are knitting! Fun to do a stash dive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is going to be an incredible sweater, the colors are perfect. Have fun and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete