Sunday, July 12, 2020

Mosi


Woo hoo....the knitting of Mosi is a done deal. I was actually shocked yesterday when I realized I had finished the sleeve colorwork chart and that it was time to start the ribbing.



Here's the inside for those of you who like this sort of thing. I do. I find the inside of colorwork fascinating. You can also see how many ends I need to weave in. It's not actually too many because I carried the strands up the side which is a pain but saves lots of weaving and makes a sturdier fabric imho. 



I tried it on. It fits perfectly.....except the yoke is a little bunchy. It looks almost gathered. I don't think it's a blocking issue. It's like there is too much material between the ragland sleeve decreases. Maybe if I had a bust it would even out but I don't so there's that. It's not terrible. Just unexpected.



I've also got a little hem flipping to deal with-but not today. On some fine day when the humidity isn't oppressive I'll block the thing and deal with any problems then. Right now I am just going to enjoy the finish.

11 comments:

  1. It's done! It's done and it's beautiful! Stunning! I really enjoyed seeing the inside too. It's so neat and nice. I can only imagine the satisfaction in seeing it completed and know that you knit it. Beautiful.
    The Sheep Virtues cross-stitch is one of the very few projects that came with me to the trailer. I packed up almost everything else. I'll mostly be making mittens and blankets to donate from worsted yarn. I have GOT to use up some of my stash before we move across the country and the easiest way I can think of is lap blankets for nursing homes. Of course none of them are taking donations right now but I hope they will soon. I just have to find a place to store them.
    Anyway, I finally got the floss I needed for the virtues the day before the house sold. It has been put on hold for another week or two while I'm getting the house ready, but then I'll be dedicating myself to it. :-) I'm looking forward to it so much.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A huge congratulations!! Mosi is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic. Congratulations
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater is beautiful! You are so multi talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I do think the yoke and the hem will be solved with blocking--it's going to be a great sweater this Fall...eventually! It's hard to imagine in these sweltering days! Great job on the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely amazing! And your inside - so neat and tidy. I guarantee my colourwork does not look like that on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is gorgeous! Well done on a fantastic finish. I have no bust either so it would be very bulky on me, still I would wear it with pride. Well done! Stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely beautiful sweater! It will be wonderful to be able to pull that out on a cold fall day. I would be bursting with pride if I had made that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent! It’s gorgeous and will be fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful!! You got it done! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! It's fabulous!! Even the inside is beautiful. My insides are never beautiful. I'm a bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete