Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Tiny Needle Tuesday


In spite of sewing a hole in my finger this week I have very little to show for it. I only managed three of my 10 by 10 green squares on the sampler. I had hoped to get one done a day. Nope. No excuses. I just didn't feel like working on it this week.



I'd rather be working on the hexie quilt. I've been sewing the patches down in the intersections and it's been more fun than I thought it would be. I had the idea it was going to be fiddly. It's not. 




I have one more block quilted on the nine patch. It doesn't look like much at this stage. I'm hoping a few more blocks will make it look like all this work has been worth the trouble. Not that's it actually been trouble. This is still something I really like to do and that's saying a lot because right now I am so sick of being in this house and doing the same thing day after day that I could just scream. 

9 comments:

  1. Then scream and maybe you will feel better! I understand...sometimes I feel the same way. I need to add in some different projects I think...livin things up a bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure like that quilting on the nine patch. You make such nice stitches.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is so pretty! And sometimes I'm the same way with a cross stitch project - just don't feel the love. Best then to not work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember when we thought we would love it if the world would leave us alone for a month and then we could do anything we wanted?! Sometimes getting what you want isn't so great....
    The hand work is good for your blood pressure-stay away from the news and try to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scream away! I took a long drive last week - didn’t go anywhere, just out - it felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we are all getting to the point of screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I can understand the feeling - every little thing that can irritate me seems to be happening. Trying very hard not to take things out on OH so I'm super-isolating by staying in my craft room and eating lots of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if it wasn't for my MIL's pool, I would have hurt myself by now. I mean, like literally and seriously harmed myself. Something I've found recently which is helping tremendously with the daily frustrations and temper tantrums is listening to music at 432 hertz. I started listening to it to help me fall asleep but now I'm also listening to it for 5 - 10 minutes when I start feeling overly stressed/frustrated. It calms me right down and Youtube has lots of options.
    Your stitching is beautiful, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete