Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Little Sunshine


 My big yellow string bag aka Aubade the pi shawl, has gotten a bit bigger. I am actually on the last lace pattern before the border.


 The problem is that now I have to increase a stitch between every stitch of the already 288 on the needle. It is an interesting increase. You knit a stitch then you do a backward loop cast on stitch. I've never seen that before.

 The lace is a big mess at the moment. I can't see any of the patterns because I can't stretch it out to see if I was at least in the ballpark with it. I'm going to have to wait until I block it and hope for the best.



288 x 2 is....a whole lot. From now on it's going to be real slow going but at least the end is in sight.

9 comments:

  1. It's like doing a mystery shawl! You're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be absolutely amazing when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this circle of sunshine! It's going to be fantastic! Personally I'm a fan of the backwards loop cast on. It was the first one I learned making fingerless mitts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the color so much. SO SUNNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks PERFECT from here! I love that sunny yellow color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy that happy color as you knit all those stitches. It's going to be a beautiful shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! You must be dealing with lots of stitches. That is a pretty shade of yellow. It'll be fun to see all spread out when you get finished and blocked.

    ReplyDelete