skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Friday Fluff: Vuelta Week 2
That Shinook fiber in the Sunset colorway has been very nice to work with. I usually hate fiber with lumpy bits but the colors are so pretty I can overlook them.
Some more new fiber showed up this week. They are 1 oz Cormo mini skeins in the Rose Verdant colorway from AJem Fiber Arts.
I needed something new for the drop spindles and I don't have the attention span for an entire 4 ounces of fiber anymore. I have to laugh at myself for hating on all those minis I saw at this year's MDSW. I should have bought a basket full.
I'm heading into the last week of watching the Vuelta with a finish that took 2 years. I worked on the hat last year and finished the matching mitts this year. We're still in a nasty heat wave so thinking about it being cold enough to wear such wonky, woolly wool seems like a long, long way off.
The temp in Omaha is "feels like" 97 already this morning. We just had the furnace running here in the camper as it's a chilly 51 outside! I'm loving it!
ReplyDeleteThose mini skins of Cormo are so beautiful. They look like satin with the pretty sheen to it.
The mitts and hat are great too. They'll come in handy this winter...maybe. I hear it's going to be a strong El Niño this winter. Some of us warmer, some of us colder. Who really knows what will happen? Not the weather people, that's for sure. Ha!
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
A finish! It is hard to imagine that the items will even be worn with the weather we have now, but they will be used come the winter.
ReplyDeleteI love the hat and mitts. The Cormo is beautifully dyed. I spun a bunch of Cormo once and really enjoyed it. Let's hope cooler weather isn't too far away. It's hotter than blazes here.
ReplyDeleteLove those new fibers! So pretty!
ReplyDelete