skip to main |
skip to sidebar
To Market, To Market
The Farmer's Market is in full fall mode but sadly the weather is not.
It's still too hot and humid. Blooms aren't going to last very long outside right now. Everything is showing the stress of this terrible summer.
We usually walk along the bay after doing the shopping but the sun on the water was making it too hot so we took Pup over to the shady wetlands park. Someone must have had a wedding there. Rose petals were strewn along the path and you could see the remains of a bouquet in the gazebo.
Some ducks were enjoying a dip to cool off.
I was looking for signs of fall among the trees.
And I found one. I do believe this is a black gum tree because the one I have out back is slowly turning red too.
Back at home I had to take care of some Fallish produce. I see a lot of roasting going on this week.
It all looks better than the poor pitiful tomatoes I had to pull off my own plant. These were the only three that grew from our regular sized tomato plant and as you can see, they split. It has rained here almost every day. Buckets of it which has been great for all the new trees but it was too much for the potted tomatoes. It was a tough summer all around and I'm hoping it's not lasting much longer. I'm in desperate need of a cool breeze.
Every year (for the past 30 years) my neighbor has bought mums the moment they appear at stores and the farmer's market. It's always too hot for them and they're dead within days. I'm looking for a downright frigid breeze but it's just very slightly cooler here.
ReplyDelete102 here yesterday. Sometimes you have to trick yourself into thinking Fallish thoughts.
ReplyDeleteBoy are you right about the tomatoes. I've seen so many people complain how their gardens just did not grow. So much rain in some area's tomatoes with the black rot or splitting like yours. So disappointing when you work so hard for a garden plot. It's been a really hot summer with extreme weather that's dangerous and tiring. But, I'm not really ready for fall either, primarily because it makes me think of winter which I really really don't like. Glad you were able to get some garden goodies at the Farmers Market. We're currently having temps in the 90's again. Though a few weeks ago we got some cooler temps. Go luck to you.
ReplyDeleteHas it been a good tomato year anywhere?
ReplyDeleteThe fresh veggies look delicious!
ReplyDelete