Thursday, September 10, 2026

Baby Steps

 

The Mister went to Annapolis on Monday to visit his ailing sister who is in the hospital. I had most of the day to myself so I cleared the dining room table and rolled out Zig Zag sandwich attempt #2. It went really well. I need to remind myself that when you take things in small steps it is usually a much nicer experience. I always try to do it all in one day and never enjoy the process. This time I had all the pieces measured and cut before hand. 



Back in the sewing room I had a senior moment when I couldn't find the Juki. You can barely see it peeking out of this pile of sewing debris behind Dad's old Brother. I had to spend yesterday cleaning and sorting so I could pull it out and get it up and running again. 




It needed a good cleaning and oiling. It's been so long since I've used it that I had to get the manual out to figure out how to thread it. I thought it would be a good idea NOT to practice on the Zig Zag. I made a bunch of little practice pieces so I can get this machine quilting thing back down again. It's never as easy as it looks so it may take a few days. 






2 comments:

  1. Zig Zag looks good so far and I'm glad you found the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete