Sunday, February 25, 2024

Apologies Are In Order

 

Welp....what a difference a wash made. That M's and O's towel that I've been hating on looks pretty much like the photograph in the magazine now. Who knew? I'm sure it will get even better after more washings and shrinkings. 



I'm going to try it again with the cotton that I have leftover from this project. I'm just getting it on the loom. I bought this 8/2 cotton for that M's and O's towel but didn't warp another one because I hated how it looked on the loom. Newbie that I am to this whole weaving thing, I learned a big lesson about not rushing to judgement. 





Down in the soap room I re-made Honeysuckle. I just couldn't with those spots. I tried it again keeping the batter nice and cool so the honey wouldn't burn. 





No spots. Not yet anyway. I'll keep a close eye on this one. Floral scents are always a challenge so none of this drama was unexpected-just aggravating. Thanks to the wild weather in Europe the price of oils has doubled in the past year so getting things wrong is also expensive. 




And....this is for MojoJuicy, my fellow Barbie enthusiast. The rest of you can tune out if you'd like...lol. Stevie and Repo Barbie got new wraps this week. Stevie's is fringy lace and Repo has a new black boa to go with her slinky repo outfit. Taylor has a new glittery gown that came with white boa. I got up at 4 am on Friday night and watched a live stream of the Eras Tour and now I want ALL the outfits. 




Can you believe I've been trying to figure out how to bedazzle a tiny bodysuit? To the tune of Bejeweled, of course....lol.




  





6 comments:

  1. That towel barely looks like the same one you showed yesterday! It does look good and like it would work quite well for a towel. And the Barbies are looking good, too. If anyone can figure out how to bedazzle a tiny bodysuit, it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The towel looks fantastic!!! Did you just tie on the new threads so you didn't have to go through all of the heddle counts, etc again?! I think that is such a good idea! The new soap is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The towel is very nice. Sometimes that rush to judgement theory applies to knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I agree with Bonnie! That towel looks totally different today. You have been busy making soap, too. And then there's the Barbies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to write the exact thing that Bonny wrote (the last line of her comment).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Repo Barbie?? LOL, I thought she was Lucile Ball. Love the towel and goodness! It really does look totally different after washing.

    ReplyDelete