Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Skirting the Issue


I walked out the door yesterday morning as the sun was coming up and discovered it was already warm out.


 Before anyone else was up, I had some fleece on the old screens I use as a drying rack.



 I am down to the yucky part of dear Finley and he needed a going over before washing. This is impossible to do indoors so I took advantage of the beautiful morning.



 I gave this really dirty section a cold water soak outside.



 In spite of the good going over, there was still a lot of vm left after washing.



Happily most of it teased out. Who would have thought that I would be sitting on the deck in the warm afternoon sun merrily picking apart fleece in March?



There was even more fleecy good times when the mail arrived with this unbelievable box of roving from Soxieknitter. It's Bond fleece which is new to me so this is going to be an adventure. Good times. I love spring!

9 comments:

  1. After the fleece was "teased" it looks SOOOO fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this weather amazing?! I was cleaning fleece on the porch in Feb. I love it. Lucky you getting to spin the bond fleece! I've read such good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring seems to have sprung even this far north. I'm wearing a t-shirt -- and no jacket or sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to start a day! You will have to let us know how you like the Bond. I have heard good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a gift of transforming an ugly duckling of the fleece into soft and fluffy yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im going to look up Soxieknitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've had the back door open most of the day - the cats are so happy

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've got the flowers and April showers (in Jan., Feb., Mar.,) but sure could use more sunshine! That fleece should spin up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these photos of your fiber in process! Yay! I'm glad you got a chance to work on the fleece outside. Good times!

    ReplyDelete