Monday, September 28, 2015

Mountain Mama Part 1

On Saturday I hit the road for an ear popping adventure in the Shenandoah Mountains.


They had been calling for rain but it was a perfect day for buying wool.



 It was the weekend of the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival.


 I had a envelope full of cash leftover from this year's MDSW and I intended to shop until I dropped.



There were lots of new to me vendors to visit this year. My goal was to bring home new stuff from new people and I certainly did.


The fleece sale was a no go though. I kicked myself all the way home for not picking up that pretty California Red fleece I was thinking about. If The Mister had been with me this year it would have been a done deal but I didn't want to carry it all the way back to the car myself.


Look at this. A knitting shop on wheels. They come where you need them to be. Brilliant.


 There aren't many animals at this festival but the ones that are there are always quite the characters.


 Excuse me ma'am. Can I taste your basket? No. Awww shucks.....



 Nom, nom. Hay tastes even better off the back of your buddy.


 Me? I woke up like this.


That's a baby camel. You don't see that everyday now do you?


 My feet may hurt from all the walking but they look fabulous in my new Undines.


I brought my handspun Holden to wear but I worked up such a sweat shopping that it stayed in the basket all day.


There are fuzzy goodies galore but you'll have to stop by tomorrow to see them.















3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a perfect way to spend a Saturday! Looks like you had a fiberlicious day! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome trip! I love the animal photo captions, hahaha! Your Undines look great in action :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to spend the weekend. Your Undines DO look great.

    Love the animal pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete