Monday, September 14, 2015

Coupon Shopping


A few weeks ago, when I still had a normal covering of skin, I had a 50% off Joanne's coupon burning a hole in my pocket. After browsing through the store with nothing catching my fancy, I spied these little doo dads with the sewing notions. They came in packs of ten and were fairly pricey at about $8. With the coupon, they were a done deal at $4.


I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them but I knew I wanted them.


 They have come in very handy for finishing the paper piecing on Daddio's big tumbler quilt.


You can't get pins to hold those thick pieces together very well. These work perfectly-no more bloody fingers.


 This is the very last block to piece and then it will be time to put all those large squares together. That'll keep me busy for a while.

6 comments:

  1. I love a good notion gadget! Good work on the tumbler blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I have the same burning a hole in my pocked with coupons! Love your find and use of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you scored! That's going to be a nice quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those clips look great (cute) AND functional! I love the last photo of the colors and details of the pieces. very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good use for the clips.

    ReplyDelete