Friday, August 21, 2015

The Final Chapter

Daddio's house is gone. I made it through the settlement proceedings in spite of a very bad case of the heebie jeebies. The new owners actually turned out to be neighbors of my parents who are buying the house for a son who is coming out of the military and needs a home and something to do. That's nice. I was doing fine until they gave me flowers to thank me for all the work I had done getting the house ready to go.  I barely made it out of the office before some serious blubbing began.



 I called The Mister from the car and he suggested a diversion.


 Some Mexican food and drinks were the perfect antidote for weeks of hard labor. That blue margarita was the best thing that's happened to me in weeks. It wasn't quite a celebration, more of a wake.


 A walk through the beach town followed. It was a blistering afternoon.


 I was doing better until I saw the sad little angel memorial that was dedicated to an old friend of Mom's. Of course there was more blubbing.


 My parents loved their little beach town. My mom was only happy when she was ankle deep in the murky water of the Chesapeake Bay. She brought her babies here to play as often as she could. Now they are all gone from these shores forever.


In spite of the blue skies, I can feel a storm coming. It's been a rocky road but at least the end is finally in sight.

6 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself during transition. Treasure your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care. At least the house will be loved and cared for. And the Chesapeake Bay will, I would guess, always be happy to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww Big hugs to you! This is HARD work. Tears come easily and that's a good release. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ariagnee. My heart goes out to you. It's a tough transition full of nostalgia. Wishing you the best. I would never have made it out without blubbing and the Mister sounds like the best kind of Mister. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you! It is so hard to say good bye, but you do have lots of wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs and sweet wishes for a time when all that remains are good memories.

    ReplyDelete