Monday, August 3, 2015

Knee Deep in Sheep

The Unicorn barf is spinning nicely. I am thinking the yarn may actually end up being less barfy than I thought because there is a lot of white left in the fiber.


 Dyeing the barf gave me dye fever. I had to drag the dye pots out again for this Knit Picks Bare wool and nylon sock fiber. It's a bit less barfy, but still in the barf ballpark, I'm afraid. Sigh. Three colors. From now on I'm only allowed to use three colors at a time.



When I went to split the sock fiber braid it did something weird. It wanted to divide into lots of thin segments.



 I got lots of long, skinny lengths of roving which is actually great for spinning thin sock singles.



I  dyed it while it was in a braid so the colors are doing some crazy things. I can't even imagine how this is going to turn out.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we want to know how it will turn out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to visit you and play with colors and what not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing how the colors progress. The "barf series" I find increasingly intriguing. Pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete