Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fractal Smactal Part Two

I had what was close to a religious experience spinning these BFL/Silk singles. I have never turned out anything so lovely.


So thin. So consistent. Such pretty colors.


The 2 ply, however looks so um, er...yucky? The gold, which was so pretty in the fiber, is muddying up the lavender and teal. There is still a long way to go so I am not going to write this off as a complete fail but from now on I will be looking more carefully at fiber colors and really thinking about what they are going to do once plied together. What looks good in a braid might not look so good in a skein.

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks lovely - and how it will look knit up can totally change the affect too! That's something I've definitely learned from dyeing!

    ReplyDelete