Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oh No I Didn't



I said I was NOT going to be tempted by the new Stroll Tonal sock yarn but after winding up a friend's skeins I just had to have a couple of skeins of my own. Meet Springtime and Queen Anne who are each destined to become a Sock Innovation project this summer. Maybe. My love affair with complex sock patterns fizzled out after spending the winter forcing myself to finish a pair of Thermal Socks that seemed to go on forever. I now have 3 pair of never worn socks because just looking at them gives me the heebie jeebies. I keep them rolled up and in the back of the drawer away from my other "happy" socks. If you don't knit that probably sounds a little crazy but, every knitter understands the difference between a project that leaves you with happy knitting memories and one that, although looking perfectly fine-will always be an ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment