Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It Doesn't Take Much








At school, this week's story is about a sheep that gets tangled up in someone's yarn. For the kids it's funny but I always react in horror which creates a great deal of interest in that particular tale. To show them why that upsets me so, each year I bring in my carders and spindles and gather my first grade kiddies on the rug to show them just how hard it is to make yarn. After pulling out a handful of tangled raw wool and loading up the carders all eyes became fixed on the process that turns it into a fluffy cloud. When I began to spin it into a raggedy yarn a little voice from the back said in awe "she's a genius". All heads nodded in agreement. Maybe now I'll be able to get a word in now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment