Saturday, July 6, 2024

Seeing It My Way

 

Whenever I encounter an unfamiliar chart or pattern I usually write it out in a way that my brain can make sense of it. When I was at the loom on Thursday I was telling myself that I really needed to re-work the treadling pattern for my willy nilly sock yarn scarf so that I can keep track better. I didn't do it and when I sat down Friday morning I found this. Ugh.




This is the draft I am using and the book it came from. See. No loops. So commenced a lot of un-weaving which is easier than tinking but not as easy as going to the frog pond. 





This time I wrote out and color coded the treadling pattern which not only helped me get it right again but it helped me take it all out and see where my mistakes were. 





I finally got that section right but I'm afraid I'm going to have to live with the "design elements" that are too far back to worry about. Hopefully there are not too many. 








6 comments:

  1. Is unweaving what it sounds like - taking the yarn back through the shed and undoing it all? It sounds painful, but that scarf does look great (and even better without the loops)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the very same thing. Directions/instructions need to be in my language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, not a ton of fun to rip it out but you are the only one who will see any diversion from the pattern! I think it looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great from where I'm sitting!

    ReplyDelete