Friday, July 26, 2024

Friday Fluff

 

Usually I don't want to even think about fiber after the Tour but this year I've got plying to do. The Cormo/Silk blend is behaving nicely and the colors are starting to make more sense to me now. 



That wonky cotton is being as difficult as I thought it would be. You've got to keep an eye on it every minute. It's not for knitting. It's for weaving so all the lumps and bumps that usually drive me crazy aren't bothering me at all.




There's not too much to that cotton. It will be finished up soon and the wheel will be free again. When I was cleaning up my craft room and putting away all the quilting stuff that I don't need anymore, I realized I had uncovered my little fiber nook by the window and a project was born.




After dusting it all off I got out my bin of merino and used my carder to blend some colors. 





The last time I did that I made this puny little 3 ounce skein so I thought I'd make a companion skein in case I want to do something with it someday. I'm not sure what. It's wonkiness is off the charts.





This time around I weighed my little nests. They come in just under an ounce each so I suppose 5 more of them would do the trick. No problem there. They really are fun to make. 












11 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the wheels are aspinning! Love it. I wish I lived closer, I would volunteer to do your carding. It used to be my favorite part of spinning.
    Love all of your spindle fiber.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question about your Ashford spinning wheel you posted on May 12 2009. I was gifted a Ashford but I am sure all parts are not there. Can you tell me the model or something, so i can find a guide for it. I am pretty sure its the same model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an Ashford Traditional that I bought second hand from someone in New Zealand on ebay many years ago. It looks like it's still a popular model that most shops still carry. Good luck with finding your parts!

      Delete
  3. Wonky or not, I love the colors in that puny skein. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never fell into the rather large rabbit hole that is spinning, but I do appreciate handspun. I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm glad the fiber fun is continuing! As for the cotton, I have a basket of completed skeins and I want to weave it someday...I will learn from you! No pressure! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spinning fascinates me. You are obviously a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yarn! I still haven't woven anything on the loom I bought last October. Hanging my head in shame.

    ReplyDelete