Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Men's Wear

 When this showed up in the mail yesterday I was very excited. I thought it was my new Victoria's Secret PJs.


 When I saw this I knew it wasn't my snowflake Thermal Janes. It was from Love Knitting.



 Oooohhhh....look at that. The yarn is in a giant organza bag. Sweet.



 It's a lot of gray.



 It's for a cardi for Middle Son-a fingering weight cardi. Oy.



It's a classic shape and a very simple pattern. I found it in this book of fabulous guy knits on Amazon. It was only $4 plus shipping.  Now the trick will be to get it to fit because it's a long distance measuring job.



I signed up for this Craftsy class to see if I can get some help in figuring this out. With a closet full of ill fitting knit garments, it's about time.



And as for those Thermal Janes, I love them even though I look nothing like the frolicking Victoria's Secret models they always put them on. They are the only thermal longies that don't make me itch and I've tried many brands. They are big and comfy and I wear them all day under whatever I have on-when it's cold enough to need them.



4 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to package up a shipment of yarn.

    The neat thing about grey --- it really lets the stitches shine through. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, an ambitious pattern but you can do it!
    I always wore silk thermals when up north!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was drooling as you opened the yarn package for us. I was so happy you gave us a picture of the jammies since you didn't link earlier. Those are great! I will have to peruse jammies now. ha!

    I am excited for your son sweater knitting. Fingering weight ... that's Mom love right there, lady. Can't wait to see how it goes. I think it's great you are taking the modifications craftsy class. I've heard/read nothing but sparkles about it, or rather Amy Herzog's method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Love Knitting also. They bought out Yarn Market a while back. Great service, eh? And nice yarn, too.

    ReplyDelete