Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Fiber: Catch Up

I've been pretty faithful at putting two rows on the Crepidula every night. The problem is that the ball of yarn is mighty small and there is still a long way to go.


 It's always a production to make more handspun. Luckily I had put some washed and dyed locks away for just in case.


 The weather has been decent enough to take the mess outside to pick it apart for the carder. I love doing this but not while I'm in the middle of a heatstroke or dodging mosquitoes.


 For all that work I ended up with one frothy batt.


Now it's pretty little nests ready for spinning-then plying. This is going to take forever. Poor Crepidula is going to have to go into hibernation for a while.

Those big red needles that so many of you asked about yesterday are Lion Brand Speed Stix-size 50. I got them on Amazon-here.





4 comments:

  1. The shawl is looking beautiful; glad you could card up some more fiber. It makes for a lovely batt and nests!
    I didn't realize the needles were SO big-I have seen 35's but never 50's!!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is BIG! I have size 35 needles but have never seen 50s. Must be rather like knitting with baseball bats? Glad you can fix the yarn issue. It's bad to run out when you're getting close to the end. Hard to hold your breath that long, too!

    ReplyDelete