Thursday, October 15, 2015

Big

 I've been meaning to put this orphan bag of leftover weaving yarn away for forever. Every time I see it I get annoyed at myself. It's in the sewing room and it's always in my way.


Hmmm.....it's an interesting mix of colors and textures.


 Also in the sewing room are the giant needles I used as part of last year's production costume. I was typecast as an old lady knitting on a bench.



 Hmmmm....knitting them all together makes an interesting bit of garter stitch. I have no idea what I'm making but it's fun making it.



You just have to be careful about adjusting the tension so you don't get big loops. Don't ask me how I know this but I can say that ripping back with this stuff isn't as scary as I thought it would be.

6 comments:

  1. I can see a very cool scarf emerging and no messy pile when you are done! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! What SIZE are those needles???? I love the fabric they are knitting up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of it in a stitch! Wonder what it will be? a cowl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that has to be turned into a giant, fashionable cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use up leftovers! What size are your needles? I wonder if you could take them on a plane.....? Looks like it wants to be a scarf to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great experiment. It looks like that really expensive yarn!

    ReplyDelete