Monday, October 5, 2015

Gale Warning

 So how much rain did we get this past week? Enough to have to go out and buy Pup a raincoat. It was on clearance at Petsmart for $7. Sold-even though it was blue and not the yellow I wanted. She loves it. I find her sitting and staring at it like it's going to take her for a walk all on its own. I wish.


The rain was bad but the wind was worse. Much worse.


 The bay was very angry. It was having a regular temper tantrum of sorts.



It didn't stay where it was supposed to.



 The roads closest to the boardwalk were under water because of the unusually high tide.


 That's a road.


 So is that.


 See that house in the far right corner? It's completely surrounded by bay water. The shore is usually in front of that house. Now it's all the way up to the road. Yikes.



 It won't take long for all that water to go back where it came from as soon as the north winds stop pushing the water in the wrong direction. I even heard rumors that we may see the sun today. I'll believe it when I see it.

6 comments:

  1. I worried about you when I watched the news. Sure is incredible to see what a storm like this can do. Stay safe. (pups slicker is sweet on him!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pup looks just smashing in her coat.

    Stay safe and dry - hopefully that's the worst of it for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is dramatic flooding. It looks pretty scary. I hope you live on higher ground and don't have to worry about water seeping into your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dear. SOunds like you are smart and safe. I would be sad if my car etc had flooded. Such a hassle, but Im most sad for that ship that sank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I will never complain about our rain again. Hope this storm calms down real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for all those people that had water damage. That is NO fun to clean up. Hopefully Joachin has moved on by now and you have fair skies and low tides again.

    ReplyDelete