Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Wednesday WIPs: Just Right

 

Too small. Too big. Just right. Getting the first sleeve the right size gave me fits this week after I realized the stitch count from the pattern wasn't going to work for me. 



Of course I made things harder for myself by being too lazy to unpack Bon Ami. That's the sweater I knit out of scrap yarn to see if I could actually turn the Chestnut cardigan into a pullover. Bon Ami was a complete success. It fits perfectly so I should have pulled it out before I started the Chestnut sleeve so I could get the correct stitch count. Since I always wear layers under my sweaters, I like my sleeves big and baggy and I should have remembered that. I'm on the right track now but it took several days and nights of obsessive knitting and re-knitting to get there. 




With all that knitting drama going on, none of my other projects got much attention but yesterday on a road trip to PetSmart I did start the Pimpeliesse using the newly spun Sunset Shaniko Tweed. It goes very nicely with a bag Cindy sent me. I've got a lot of fabulous bags that my blog friends have sent me over the years.  As someone who is obsessive about matching the project bag to the project and with NO talent for bag making, they all make me very happy. 







5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found you Goldilocks sleeve and that project matches your bag perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, your color work blows me away! Gorgeous. And your shawl start is so pretty. I printed out the pattern for that...now to find the yarn I have in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found the 'just right' stitch count for the sleeve--it is beautiful colors! Your new shawl is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! That's a lot of mucking about! You have far more patience than I- I would have given up! Lol

    Shawl start looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete