Saturday, July 1, 2023

Le Grand Depart

 

I'm starting this year't Tour with a finish. The rainbow Merino/silk is finally done. I gave it all of my attention on Thursday and Friday. I'm very happy with it.



It started out as 4 ounces of Merino/Silk from Dicentra Designs in the Pelennor colorway. My experience with rainbow colored fiber is that it can turn into a muddy mess but the colors in this one stayed bright and clear. I can't wait to turn it into something. 


I also spent some time getting this fiber ready. It's from Three Water's Farm and it's a Falkland tonal set in the Old Stone House colorway. 




Since each color is a separate piece I split them all into halves and then half again. 




I'm going to spin them as a random stripe keeping it in the gradient order. 




The last thing I did was to split up one of the California Red batts. I'm ready. The wool is ready. It's off to Spain this morning for Stage One. Vive le Tour!












4 comments:

  1. Love that rainbow yarn! Have fun on the tour, I wonder what you will bring home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarn! I can't wait to see the Old Stone House Colorway spun up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn is GORGEOUS. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow yarn! It's so great. And the roving you have ready to go looks pretty interesting too. I'll bet it spins up beautifully.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete