Friday, July 28, 2023

Friday Fluff

 

Well, Trinidad it seems our journey is over.


And it was quite the journey from fleece to skein. I just wish I had something better to show for it. It's bumpy. It's lumpy. It's pretty wild and woolly. It was over spun and under plied. I actually had to ply it twice to get it to stay together. 




This is the sum total of it all. I spun the three two ply whites ones last year and the three ply dyed ones this year. None of it is anything to brag about. I think my fleece washing days are over. I never get anything of real quality out of it. I just don't have the skill or patience. 




To add insult to injury, I tried to dye two of the biggest white skeins for some cold weather Croc socks. I got clown barf. The mason jar dyeing that works so well for fiber doesn't work well at all for skeins. Maybe one but definitely not two at a time. What was I thinking?




They were supposed to be mostly red and gray with just a touch of gold and teal but that gold took over and gave me all the secondary colors-which I should have expected Maybe it's the way the fleece takes color or maybe my dyes are too old but I don't see any red or gray. It's a good thing I like wild and crazy socks because once again I dyed something wild and crazy for a pair of socks that most definitely won't match.





 






6 comments:

  1. I think that yarn will make some crazy awesome socks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always laugh when I read clown barf. I like the skeins you ended up with. Colorful and happy yarn. There is nothing better. And I'll bet they make great croc socks. Bye-bye Trinidad. I'll miss seeing your photo. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dyeing yarn is always a gamble which is why it’s fun. The socks will be crazy, but fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, you have to be willing to use what the dyeing gives you!!!! lol I think they are very pretty and sure will be warm and cheerful in the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find the dye does not spread as much in fleece as it does in yarn! It's definitely a different processs! REgardless, I think your yarn will make some awesome croc socks

    ReplyDelete