Monday, July 17, 2023

Bombs Away

 

Our *#$%#* water softening system is broken again. We've had a series of short power outages due to the thunderstorms we've been having and I guess it got fried last week. It has a tendency to do that. 



It doesn't take long for our well water to become unbearable. You can't wash with it. Taking a bath is torture. It's so hard nothing lathers. The only remedy I have is to use a baking soda bath bomb to soften the water a bit so yesterday I made another big mess in the sink. 




I made one for each day until the service guy gets here on Thursday. If it's not a quick fix, I'll have to make more. It's hard to explain how awful really hard water feels and smells. You're lucky if you've never had to deal with it. 
 


3 comments:

  1. At least the bombs are pretty!!! Hopefully its a quick fix for your softener though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so difficult to have break-downs! So sorry but glad you can make the bath a bit softer with the bathbombs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had water softeners everywhere we've lived except our last apartment. Our boys both have psorisis, (I know I spelled that wrong), and the soft water really helps a lot. Since we moved back here, my skin is doing the same. Yuck. I do understand.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete