Sunday, July 9, 2023

Deja Vu

 

Friday was a pretty boring Tour day and since I had finished up that tonal Falkland the day before I thought I might dye something to spin next. 



I had 6 ounces of white BFL so I thought I would try to make my own tonal set.





Since it was blazing hot I couldn't bring myself to use my warm colored dyes.




The whole time I was working with it to get it ready for spinning something was nagging at me. 





Oh, yeah....I knew I had seen it before. I had washed and dyed a Gulf Coast fleece for the 2014 TdF and used those exact same colors. I have several skeins of it in the stash already.  Been there. Done that....sigh. I think I might order some more BFL and dye more colors to mix it up a bit. 




And......right in the middle of yesterday's Tour my cable box died. Comcast tried for 3 hours to remotely fix it before declaring it dead. Even worse....they won't give me a replacement until the tech guy comes out ON THURSDAY. No TV for me. The TV I don't care about. I stream most everything these days anyway but watching the Tour on my Chromebook while trying to spin is NOT going to be much fun. Oh, well, it wasn't as bad as what happened to Mark Cavendish yesterday. Now THAT was a real bite in the butt. 





4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    If your TV still works you should be able to use an HDMI cable to connect your laptop to show the laptop screen on the TV, then at least you could watch on a bigger screen. You can get them pretty cheap at most big syores. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you tv is a smart tv, you should be able to use your tv as a second monitor and have the tour on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new spin is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the newly dyed fiber is so pretty! It will go well with the previously dyed yarn! Sorry about the tech problems! My charger croaked and I had to wait for it to come from Amazon so I could use my laptop again!

    ReplyDelete