Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hits and Misses



The gift knitting, as usual, caused me to ingest large amounts of Tums. Every year I swear I will not get caught up in the obligation of it and every year I ignore my brain and load myself down with unrealistic goals. Stress induced mania aside, #2 son's Bearded Hat actually turned out better than I expected but everything else landed somewhere between fail and meh. BTW, That's me in the hat and beard. Son #2 spent his holidays with his dad so this is his first look at his gift. Crazy, huh? It was your brother's idea.



The Norwegian sweater didn't get finished because it is going to have it's sleeves frogged. I hate the join. It is too bulky and the seams hit in an awkward place. The Norwegians had it right-silly me to try to change the pattern.



The future MIL socks Daughter asked for turned out HUGE. MIL wears a size 9 shoe which charted out to a 10 inch foot but these are sized for Sasquatch. I have no idea what to do with them. They are man sized but what man would wear them? frogging is the only answer but I just don't have the heart to do it at the moment. I would rather buy new yarn and start over.

Now that I have a couple of gift IOUs to make good on, let's hope for a snowy January with plenty of couch time.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED the bearded hat! This would make a hilarious gift for a few of my girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete