Friday, August 8, 2008

Let the Games Begin!


I am so psyched for this knitting Olympic thing. It's the perfect way to end a too-long summer vacation. I have 9 days of knitting challenges ahead before I pack it all up for another year. I spent this morning working on challenge number one: learning how to wind a center pull ball so I can manage working with all those colors times two. My fat little yarn balls are far from Olympic gold contenders but for now they will do. I used a toilet paper tube with a notch cut in it to hold the oh-so-important center strand so I can find it later. Tonight at 8:08 I will be joining the world to watch the opening ceremony with my project on my lap and tears in my eyes. I am a total sap when it comes to Olympic ceremonies. And as for those photo montages they create to the Olympic theme-pass me the Kleenex. The big box, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment