The cotton decided to straighten out and fly right after I found one more knot in it before casting off this mini dishcloth. I took kathy b's advice and wound it all up in a ball to check it out before I cast on cloth number two and there were no more knots. These are for washing pet bowls. The size keeps me from picking up the people one and using it where I don't want to use it.
The naughty new frame that was too tight spent the night stretched out over a thick hand towel.
It's still not great but I did manage to use it for a while on the sheepy thing. It just may work after more stretching.
I also jumped to conclusions on the fiber. The first bit I pulled off was lumpy but the rest of it is nice. Very nice.
I also hated the new brushes and cheap paint I picked up at Micheal's on my way here. The brushes were too small and the paint was too clumpy for my usual wishy washy watercolor.
When I gave up trying to do what it didn't want to do I had tons of fun just playing with it letting it do what it wanted to do and then drawing over it. It was very therapeutic. Paint's gotta be what paint's gotta be. Just like yarn. Just like people.