Friday, February 3, 2017

You've Got to Be Kidding Me


 I just finished the latest lace panel on my Nurmilintu so I took it outside for a photo to mark the progress.



Hmmm.....something is just not right.  My knitting alarm was going off like crazy but it took a while for the problem to sink in. It turned out to be a doozy.




Oh, for carp's sake. Those of you who have made this know what I did. I must have mixed up the edges even though I have them clearly marked. One edge gets double increases, the other does not so the scarf makes a gentle curve in ONE direction. I got this particular section of lace going in the WRONG direction. You know what that means. Rip rip, rip. Two weeks of work down the drain. Hell's bells.....

12 comments:

  1. Hell's Bells is right! YIKES! That is NOT a fun process for ripping that back.

    Hope you are on the right track again.

    P.S. That yarn is a very pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! So sorry. But it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! That hurts! I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel any better we've all had to do that at one time or another. Or more than one time or another! Take a deep breath and let 'er rip. :-)
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Sorry. The color is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Yes, nothing to do but rip! You have some more yarn left of this-keep on knitting the pattern and make it bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done that kind of thing more times than I can count. And never just 2 or 3 rows. Nope.

    It is pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man! I've done that. Sadly, it's not one of those mistakes you can just over look.

    The shawl is looking fabulous otherwise though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deb Dang nabbit. I hate when I do things like that. and I do them all the time because I have a very bad habit of not looking at my knitting. Arg. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is pants :( (In the UK we say pants for underpants and it's also a mild not-too-bad sweary word. Actually I think the situation warrants a much worse swear word but I won't say any.
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've also done the exact same thing with a shawl! Just as soon as I thought, "Oh, finally - this is going really well!" -- I held it up and realized that the shape was totally wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! Frogging something that big is so grim; hope by now it's behaving for you. That pattern is on my list, and now thanks to you, if I ever get to it, I'll be extra careful! Love the color, BTW.

    ReplyDelete