The big blankie had all its ends woven in a long while back. It was a fairly simple job and dare I say, almost enjoyable. Thanks for all the suggestions. Not being a real hooker, I didn't quite understand what y'all were getting at so I wimped out and just did it the old fashioned way.
Ta dah! It's done. Border and all.
It's the biggest thing I've ever made. I am amazed at myself.
Of course there was drama at the finish. I had to rip out the border many, many times. I could not get mine to look like Lucy's using her instructions. I am sure it was all my fault and not hers. I'm a pretty bad hooker and the tension on the border had to be just so to get her results. Finally I just made it up to look like what I thought was going on with hers and called it a day.
The crochet bin is full of scraps now. I am tempted to start something else but......
....another big thing needs attention. It's going in the bin by the bed and it will be my new non-negotiable project.
All that remains to be done is the last two and a half edges and then a border. Unless I get on a roll. The original has a few more panels than mine does and since I've still got tons of this yarn left I just might be able to convince myself to keep going until it's bed size. We shall see.