Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Old and New

 The Ghazal cowl is done. The grafting went easier than I expected. Garter Kitchener is pretty simple. Who knew?


The second edge on the mosaic blankie is done. For the record, I started this project in 2010.



 I just need to go down the long sides and then it will be a done deal.




That's a lot of stitches but those borders are narrower. Thank goodness because I am really over this project. It's quite big enough and Pup agrees.



To reward myself for getting things done, I bought myself this pattern. It's Snowfling and it's from Tanis Fiber Arts. I saw them on Kathy B's blog and fell in love. The kits are sold out but you can still get the pattern on Ravelry.  The yarn is all gone too. I went stash diving in hopes of finding enough of something to get started but sadly my stock of dk weight is woefully inadequate. Knit Picks came to the rescue. Now I just have to wait.


9 comments:

  1. Just look at you go girl! That cowl turned out beautifully. And the blanket is almost done too! I I eyed that mitten pattern also, but I have way too many things going on right now. Have fun!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mosaic blanket is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been missing a good two color knit myself-these will be a wonderful reward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these projects are beautiful and amazing. Love the colors in your cowl and that blanket...I don't even know what to say! What colors did you order for the mittens? They will be fabulous (of course, if you make them, that will guarantee another weird winter next year - lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay your cowl is amazing. The blanket defies odds and I'll take full responsibility for your amazing mittens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those mittens were on my to do list until I moved here. No need for mittens here. Love the look on Pups face and all the finished projects. I discovered that garter kitchener stitch while finishing my new dishcloth pattern. I agree it's so much easier than the regular one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you go! I am completely impressed. I am just knitting easy peasy kitty poufs. They take no brain power at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those mitts are going to be SOOOO snuggly!

    ReplyDelete