Monday, February 13, 2017

Whew...

 Sunday morning we were up at 5 am and out the door of the hotel for a 6 am practice session.



 That's ice for a bumped head, Not mine. One of the little kids. Not a great way to start the day.



 Things went from bad to worse when the lights went out at 8 am. Everything came to a halt for a couple of hours while the power company figured out what went wrong.



 When the lights went on we had some luck. Three of our kids came in first.



 In between the days events there were sparkly things to look at.



 There was a great lunch at a little cafe near the rink.


 At 6 pm it was time to turn into the Old Hag from Snow White. I really rocked this costume. I need my hair to get grayer faster.



 Sharing a dressing room with our herd of teens is always a challenge. I got to spend a lot of time with them and I have to say they are fabulous people.



 As I mentioned yesterday there was tons of amazing competition. These are the Famous Potatoes. They've competed at every big competition for years dressed as... potatoes. The crowd loves them.


 We did our thing and came out in third place....out of three teams. Oh, well...we compete again next week. It's always good to have another go.



 Back at the hotel at 9 pm my friend Jose helped me deal.




So did Mr and Mrs Cupcake. It was a rough couple of days. Now for the 10 hour drive home in the morning. Oh. my...see you on the other side.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on everything! And, please, it that's what an "old hag" looks like please sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely witchy!!! (And, that's a compliment!)

    One of those cupcakes would have made me feel better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see those potatoes skate. Well done with the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU totally rock that look! I LOVE that you are a great example to those young ladies. I LOVE THE POTATOES. I want a cupcake. I wish you safe travels. wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Up at 5 a.m.! You go all out for your team. The experience means far more to the kids than the place.
    Does anyone really want their hair to get gray faster?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your "Old Hag" look!! Hope that kid is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Practice at 6 AM? That's dedication in my book! You certainly are a kind looking witch! Hope you have a good drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe a grueling weekend but what a great memory maker! I love the way you go all out in your costumes! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW that is a serious ALL DAY competition! Throw in a bumped head and a power outage, geez that's exciting if not tense! I love the sparkle costumes, but YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!

    I'm glad you celebrated the end of the competition with some treats. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, and I am SO intrigued by the skating baked potatoes. What's the music? Hot potato I must know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can see the program here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WwSZrT5eQo

    ReplyDelete